Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Playing Youtube files pulled off my hd on MS Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplot

Technical User
Mar 17, 2008
I found a year or so ago that I could play the video files that I found in my Internet Files Folder, after I had played that particular file at Youtube. I had to click an extra window that appeared on the Media Player, but then they played just fine. I might ad here that I have several extra programs on that same harddrive that were supposed to convert flash files, but which I had never had much luck with.
Recently that hd filled up and I now have my main xp system on a new and larger harddrive. The puzzle is that the same media player is in this same xp system as is on that other hd but now those same files will not play on the new xp system.

Any solutions would be super to have, or knowing a player anyplace that is easily downloaded that would play those youtube files could be another solution.
I feel it probably is just a matter of a proper codec or something of that nature. Thanks for listening.

jvp

Yep, the CODEC is missing...

Goto Free-Codecs.com and download the KLite Mega Codec Pack, it has all Codecs you will ever need...

and you can try VLC:
Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back