Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Playing MP3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifx

Technical User
Feb 26, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I've put together a small VB.net app that streams MP3's across the Internet to a player like Winamp. It plays a specified list, streaming one track after another. This works fine but when a user connects the stream starts from the beginning of the MP3 at the head of the queue as I'm creating a new stream for that user. I want to run a continuous stream where a user dips into it. This is kind of tricky to explain, so please bear with me...

So my question is: Is it possible to read a stream a specified rate. I.e. I have, say, 3 tracks queued and the app starts streaming through these at 128kbps so when someone connects they just dip into this stream. I suppose it's almost simulating an MP3 player, though is doesn't have to actually decode it or send it to the sound card, just keep the stream moving at a constant rate.

Any ideas would be great - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back