Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Playing a wav file and recording wav file at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzza

Programmer
Dec 21, 2000
AU
I've been asked to write a program that will play a wav file while recording another one if required is this possible? Any suggestions on how it would be done.

Thanks
Garry

Beginning :

Declare Function sndPlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal
lpszSoundName As String, ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long
Public Const SND_ASYNC = &H1 ' play synchronously
Public Const SND_NODEFAULT = &H2 'Silence not default, if sound not found

Dim r As Integer
r = sndPlaySound(App.Path & "\Welcome.wav", SND_ASYNC)
Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

License And Copy Protection AxtiveX.

Download Demo version on my Site:

You probably know this already, but in order to play back a wave file and record audio simultaneously, you will need a FULL-DUPLEX sound card.

By the way, if your software is going to be the answer to everybody's prayers that Cubase VST doesn't deliver (like make my guitar sound good when it's recorded!), let me know where I can get a copy!

Lego

Maybe I'm wrong but it would appear that edderic is not giving any information that answers gazzzara's question and appears to be a blatant attempt to sell another product! There is no mention of how to record the sound.

to tedsmith

Have you a better answer ? give it than and not Bla Bla

re :There is no mention of how to record the sound.

you can stop the wav file and select another with :

if have create a program thad read all the songs of a CD ,and you can stopt it or play the next song

So ,its can well but is difficult to explain in a Forum

Eric
Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

License And Copy Protection AxtiveX.

Download Demo version on my Site:

Sorry Eric, I dont know the answer either and would also like to know. By including your link, you are continuing to simply plug your own product and not giving any real help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back