Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

player stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

phunkyb

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
AU
Hi everyone
i am planning to start a aussie rules(sport) database and want to include player stats. My problem is how to include the player statistics. I was thinking of setting one table as the player details like first name, last name, middle name, playerid and another as playerid, season, quarterid, teamid, gameid, and the stats. I was going to use an integer figure for the playerid but was thinking when i go to input data, would be too hard to keep track off. Should i use one or two tables or is there a better way. What do you guys think
Thanks

definitely go with 2+ tables...

you need to have 1 table to store the details of all your players...

and then you need another table to store details of the stats of that player... Remeber you may have more than 1 "set" of stats for a single player, e.g. you might have 1 record for each game played and then more for each season and so on...

infact you might need a lot more than just 2 tables...

I think that you should read 'The Fundamentals of Relational Database Design' and after you have an understanding of the basics, come up with your basic table structure and let us help you refine it. You may also want to search this forum and the other Access forums for Players or Soccer, there are several threads around that discuss this type of thing.

leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back