Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Playback WAV File on Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankm3

Programmer
Jan 27, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm working on a Script that sends Inquiry Messages ( Phone Numbers ) to a Remote Database and Captures the Data. No problem there; but I have to send about 1300 Inquiries which takes about 10 or more Hours. I have figured out how to get the PC to Call my Cell Phone when it has completed sending the Numbers; but what I want to do, if possible, is to have it call me and Play a Certain Wav File if all went well or a different Wav File if it Failed so I can go in to Restart the Process. Any Ideas. I tried the MCIEXEC but had no Luck.

Thanks

Hank, I don't think ASPECT itself can do this as Procomm doesn't really support voice operations. However, you might want to look at your modem manual and see if there is an AT command that specifies how to do this, then pop Procomm into command mode and have it send that AT command.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Thanks Knob,

Wasn't sure if I could do this or not.
But I'll look at the AT options for the Modem.

Hank

Solution:

Well if I can't Get Procomm to Understand an Answer, I did this.

I set the Modem Options to make 1 Attempt at the Call. If no Answer in say 45 Secs. Hangup, Disconnect or Quit Trying.
I have Caller ID on the Cell Phone, so when I hear it Ring, the Office Number will be Displayed. This was the Work Around. Since the Modem would only make one Attempt, I had to disconnect the Modem and Reconnect for a second Call.

I would get 2 Calls if the Inquiry Transfer Failed.
I would get 1 Call if all went well.

Proc Main
string Stat = "PASS"

if strcmp Stat "PASS"
Dialnumber VOICE "9,3057569555"
pause 10
elseif strcmp Stat "FAIL"
pause 20
set Modem Connection "direct Connection COM1"
pause 20