Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLAYBACK IS DREADFUL!!! WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongoMudpie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2002
GB
Ok, stay with me on this as I am very new to AE's. I have made a movie using some graphics that I created in Photoshop, I have imported them, made a couple of effects on the images, used some text added some effects and outputed it to an avi file.

I have then imported this into UleadStudio and exported that for VCD. I have then used Nero to burn this as a VCD using a CD-R disc.

The Question is: When I play the VCD on my DVD player everything is distorted....blur.....pixelated, basically the quality is dreadful,WHY?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand this

BONGO

You do know that VCD is 320x240 at a very low bitrate? Try svcd, but even the quality of that is lousy. If you're looking for quality you need dvd. Vcd and svcd are just too low a resolution and bitrate. Your tv is only 720x480, I think, so it's by far not the best for viewing pictures or high-resolution anything.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back