Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play wav using MSCOMM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfrilia

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
IL
Hi,

I'm trying to play wav file using mscomm and it doesn't work,
I try to use mcisound and no sound i tried
waveOutOpen,waveOutPrepareHeader,waveOutWrite
and no sound.

I realy need some help :)

Bye.

If you want to play wave through a modem, you can try TAPI

Are you putting the modem in Voice Transmit mode before playing the file?

Your modem's command set may be different, but you need to put the modem in voice mode:

AT +FCLASS=8

Then make a connection (dialing in is easiest):

RING
ATA

Set the voice output device:

AT+VLS=0 (should send the information to telephone line)

And then play the wav file through the WAV device.

BTW, if you get this working, I'd be interested in seeing the code. I've done a fair amount of work with the voice modem detecting tones and other discrete things, but never worked with the WAV device to get audio in and out.

pansophic

Oooppss. Forgot the most important part. You need to put the modem in voice transmit mode:

AT+VTX

pansophic

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help :)
For JojoBB I already made a program for playing and recording wav using TAPI ,
But I need to make it using mscomm.

Dear pansophic as I can see you're well Known with at command but
I already tried this and still no sound,
I even buy new modem with sound build in (Rockwell) and still no sound.

So, now I can say for sure the main problem that I’m having is to associate wav device with modem.

P.S
I even tried opening driver manually

hi pansophic,

ok for AT orders, but how do you play on wave device ?
do you use waveOutxxx as for sound board ?

I have tried to do that, I connect the line but I can't open the device modem

JojoBB

I don't know for sure. I pulled some stuff on the multimedia devices a couple of months ago, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out.

If I get an opportunity, I'll check out the multimedia object and let you know what works. I'll post it here, so you'll both get notified if I work it out.

pansophic

hi,

am also trying the same thing but i havnt tried with tapi

using waveoutxxxxx i locally played the wave file around the sound card,
when i tried to select the output device as modem it shows format not supported,i also changed the waveformatex struct but no change

bye.,.
srini...

In my wanderings, I came by a formerly commercial ActiveX control called Async Pro. It is available on as a MPL control, so you can add it to your app for free, you just need to mention in the documentation that you are using.

It comes with lots of example code in various languages, and supports methods that will allow you to play and record WAV files (I haven't tried that part of the control yet).

It also comes with a terminal window (that doesn't flicker when updating like a text box will), Xmodem, Zmodem, TAPI, FTP, Telnet, etc., etc.

You can download the zip file, and you just need to use regsvr32 to register the APAX1.OCX control and you will be able to add it to Visual Studio's tool box. I think that you will get a lot farther, much faster using this control instead of the MSComm control.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back