Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play notification or message before every incoming call 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2009
US
www.kittelsons.com
My apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but I was unable to find a suitable answer for this question.

My clients record all calls, so to prevent any nuisance suits and make sure they're covered, they would like a message or notification, or announcement of some type played before EVERY incoming call to the phone system. They would like it played once before each call and not have it played on every phase of the phone system like auto attendants, voicemail greetings, etc.

All calls come in SIP trunks and we are using Xima Chronicall recording so the Avaya call recording notification option won't work for me either since the IP Office isn't recording the call.

I have checked with my SIP trunk provider and they can't play a message before every call either.

Is there an elegant way to do this in the IP Office or am I stuck with playing an announcement before the auto attendants, having everyone change their VM greetings, and bombarding callers with call recording notifications?

What IPO platform are you using? I have done this with a 500V2 and VM Pro. I set up a simple AA to answer every call, with a Generic action where the recording announcement is played, after that the call goes to a Transfer action that takes the caller to a Group. Is this not what you want or am I missing something here?

Thank you for the reply. This is an IP Office 500 V2 running latest 11.1.3.1 with VM Pro.

The problem is I have more than a hundred users with 26 hunt groups that have DIDs, and all of the users have DIDs. A call can go to any point at any time and there isn't a way to have just one notification. If a call goes to a DID and someone answers the call and doesn't let the person know the call is being recorded, we've failed to give notification.

Your suggestion goes down the path I originally was going to do - a VM message that discusses the recording on each extension, a message on each HG and before each AA, etc. but the client doesn't want users to hear this over and over again. Imagine someone calls on a users extension DID, the user actually does the right thing and let's the caller know about calls being recorded, they then transfer the call to a HG with an AA and hear the message about recording again, then then choose an option and go to another HG and AA and hear the recording spiel, and then go to an extension and are able to enjoy the recording message again. That's what I'm trying to avoid. It's either too much or too little and the client won't be happy. They want a "one and done" notification solution.

I know this isn't easy to do once but I was hoping someone might know of a way to do this. Thank you again for your reply!

We did something similart to this for an insurance company once. All DIDs were directed to the same AA that would play the recording announcment but a module in the AA also collected the incoming dialed digits and because the last 4 digits of the DID were the same as the person's extension number the AA would then transfer the call to the correct extension number based on the last 4 digits of the incoming DID. Once the call was answered the call could be transferred internally without the announcement being played again.
I can't offer any specific details about the module we used to do this manipulation of incoming DID to outgoing extension number because this was many years ago and the insurance company got bought out and they have since moved on to a hosted system. Of course this only worked because the last 4 digits of the DIDs matched the extension number. Good Luck!

Direct all incoming calls to a VM Module that plays the recording, then use Variable Routing to match $DDI (the DID that the call came in on) to its destination. You can only have 15 entries in the Variable Routing action, so link the No Match to another Variable Route with the next 15 DIDs to match, and keep cascading them until you've got a destination for every incoming DID.

That should be the only place you need to play the recording, as every incoming call, whether to a User or direct to a Group will be routed through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back