Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play music files

Status
Not open for further replies.

puredesi5

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
Does anyone know if MS Access can start a program that will play a music file if exact location of music file is provided?
I have my music collection (list) on Excel Spreadsheet; I am thinking of converting it to Access database if I can play music from Access. I will create queries and other needed functions to list the songs of an album, singer etc. When someone sees the song, they can click/double click to play the particular song.

How can I do that?

Why don't you just dynamically create the list of songs from an Access table and then rely on the end user's default software settings to play the song. For example, you list your songs and when someone clicks it, it'll open windows media player and play your song for you.

play a music file if exact location of music file is provided
Have a look at the FollowHyperlink method (VBA).

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back