Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play Movie X and go to frame???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hmm got two questions!

1.Is there any way to use the "Play Movie X" - navigation and go to a specific frame in the destination movie??

2.When I am using mpg,avi files i use "Hold on Current fram" so I dont need to make the sprite on the timline as long as the movie! How can I make it return to a frame when the movie is done without makeing it as long as the movie?

Verry greateful for help!

1. go to frame X of movie moviename. Look at the "go" command in lingo dictionary for more info.

2. this is for QT, may be same for avi/mpg (code off top of head, untested but gives you the idea)
if the sprite(x).movietime = member(moviename).duration then

go X
else
go to the frame
end if

Question one is already answered, but on the second one theres a simplyer solution;

place you movie on the score an make it as little as you need (one or two frames if you like) and then, in the last frame, make a time event 8you know the little stopwatch in the uppermost row of the effect channel) an choose to make the movie "wait for cue point" choose then the movie you want to play in the first popup menu an "end" in the second one.

volia! the movie will wait ´till the video ends an then it will resume and go to whatever thing you pu after the video

hope I was useful

I need to do this with a Flash movie, but what you have suggested doesen't seem to work!!! Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back