Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play message or recording before completing blind transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
In a nutshell, this is what I need to do:

Incoming Call --> Answered by Operator --> Operator does blind transfer --> Message is played to caller (this call may be recorded) --> Transfer to target station

I'm running Asterisk 11.25.1 / FreePBX / Xorcom.

This shouldn't be this difficult to play a short recording or whatever on initiating a blind transfer.

Optimally, it would only be if the call came from an external source.

Previously, I changed the MOH and set the SIP to Ttm instead of Ttr, which played the message as the station was ringing, however, that didn't work for external calls, and just annoyed everyone who was making station-to-station calls. XD

Any help appreciated... thanks in advance!

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

I think *maybe* if I put in custom_extensions.conf something like:

[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Answer()
same => s,n,Playback(this-call-may-be-monitored-or-recorded)
same => **** this is where I get lost... how do I tell it to go to the DID that it normally would go to?****

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

I found a workable solution.

I changed the context on my dahdi trunks (from-dahdi -> from-dahdi-announcement)

I put in a custom handler in my extensions_custom.conf

[from-dahdi-announcement]
exten => _.,1,Answer()
exten => _.,n,Wait(1)
exten => _.,n,Playback(this-call-may-be-monitored-or-recorded)
exten => _.,n,Goto(from-dahdi,${EXTEN},1)

.... which answers the line, plays the message, then continues down the normal call routing.

It's not on a transfer, but it is on all incoming lines, which is fine.

(Oh, I did have to account for my fax DID's, so I added the lines:
exten => [faxdid],1,goto(from-dahdi,${EXTEN},1) ... so it skips over the recording.

Just my $.02

--Greg

You could create a unique queue for each target person and play a join announcement prior to ringing the target person. Your operator would have to get used to transfering to the queue instead of the extension.

Yeah... I weighed that option for about 3 seconds before remembering I have over 100 phones. XD

Just my $.02

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back