Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

play flash than stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartier

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
BA
hi, can anyone help me please

i have a swf file that is supposed to be a background for my video. how can i make it play the animation , than stop and stay there, so the video can play on the top of it?

thanks

Both video and SWF members have the property called directToStage (DTS). By default DTS is set to TRUE, meaning they always go on top of everything in the Stage - you cannot place a DTS member on top of another DTS member. Therefore if you want to play your video on top of your SWF then your SWF member's DTS needs to be set to FALSE.

The caveat for this is that if you place both video and SWF in the same frame, Director would struggle to play them smoothly. I'd consider using a series of bitmaps as the background instead of SWF animation. Or import your video into Flash as FLV and create one SWF that combines the video with your background animation.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Thank you very much for the answer. But that was not exactly what i wanted to know. I know that playing swf and mpeg at the same time causes director to struggle to play it, so i was wondering which script i need for: first playing the swf animation, than stop and on the top of that to than play the mpeg video.
anyway i found it in the meantime.

thanks again for the effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back