Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Play a wav-file

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBX

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
GB
I need to answer an incoming call and play a ring tone to the caller. I think I can use Meridian mail to do this, but I am unable to find the recoding files in VM. Does anyone know how I can find them?

hi , I dont think MM alllows u to upload the wave files, its possible with MIRAN. what u can do is configure an announcement in Mmmail and when u record from the phone play the ringing tone.
u can record from the prompt maintenance ACD.

hope it helps
Regards
Pankaj

You can use a normal workstation with an ISDN card to dial into the MMail, using a dailer program, and then play the wav file (or any) via Winamp. Be sure that you have a loop-back cable between the headset and the microphone plugs on your workstation.

You can get wav files loaded into MMail. What you need to obtain is the handset that comes with the "Cook's" RAN machine. This allows you to plug an audio lead into it, which you can connect to your sound card. Plug the handset into an Aries type set, (haven't tried a Taurus set), and MMail will let you record from this. Quality is 1st class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back