Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLAR Analog port continues to ring after called number disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJDG

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
US
I'm having an issue with my VG310s
I set up PLARS between an analog station and an IP phone (Cisco 7841). Pick up phone A( the analog set) and phone B (the 7841) rings. When phone B hangs up but phone A is still off hook (or in Hang down) and phone B rings again. The PLARS call is initiated again. I have tried configuring PLAR directly on the Voice-port. It still rang.

I first configured the PLAR in the CM (as follows)
1. Create a partition called "Hotline".
2. Create a calling search space called "Hotline-CSS".
3. Move the partition "Hotline" into the "Hotline-CSS" calling search space.
4. Create a translation pattern. Leave the pattern itself blank, select "Hotline" as partition, and specify a calling search space that contains the number that the PLAR phone needs to dial. Enter the destination number in the "Called Party Transformation Mask" field.
5. From the configuration page of the gateway, select the port connected to the analog phone that will serve as a PLAR phone.
6. Set the "Calling Search Space" field to "Hotline-CSS" for this port.
7. Reset the SCCP member.

Nothing changed.

I then configured the PLAR directly on the Voice-Port (as follows)
sccp plar
voiceport 0/0/4 dial XXXXXXX

Nothing changed.

Per Cisco, I removed the SCCP configuration and configured the port as MGCP. But it still continued to ring.

I tried configuring Supervisory Disconnect. On the port but it still rang.
SUMMARY STEPS
1. enable
2. configure terminal
3. voice-port port-number
4. supervisory disconnect lcfo
5. timeouts power-denial ms
6. end

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Since it's only one analog phone that you are having the issue (I assume), is it a bad analog phone? Bad hookswitch? Is it wall mounted? I would start there, your config looks right.[pre][/pre]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back