Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plantronics SA40 Headset and Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbobp

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
GB
Does the above headset have the ability to answer acd calls without the user actually touching the phone?

Help much appreciated

James

I don't know about that headset in particular, but for any given agent you can force calls to go off-hook at their set when they are presented. First you would need to create or edit a Call Presentation Class with a Call Force Timer Delay of as many seconds as you wish. Then for any agents that will be taking these calls, set them up with that Call Presentation Class. Note that if an agent is logged in and walks away from the set, callers could be end up being connected to a phone with no agent attached to it time and time again.

Good luck!

Michael

>>Wouldn't HOML in LD 23 handle that?<<

I assume you're referring to what I had said about agents walking away? Yes, it would handle that if they disconnect their headset. However, if they simply remove their headset from their head (who wants to go to lunch or to the bathroom with some apparatus hanging off their head?) and leave it lying on the desk, you do run the risk of callers being greeted with a dead silence, or the faint babble of the rest of the call center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back