Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plantronics C054 headsets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draeus

Technical User
Jan 21, 2013
US
I've got a customer with an Avaya IP Office 500v2 running 7.1. 1/2 of the office uses 9508 and 9608 phones with no problems. The other 1/2 use 9508's with Plantronic headsets model C054. The ones who use the headsets are having issues. It seems that every time the system is reset or their phones are reset (by unplugging and plugging back in), they can only use the speakerphone until they have used the headsets once. After that, they can dial, but there is no dial tone and no communication between outside and inside parties.

Has anyone run into an issue like that? If so, what was the fix? As soon as the headset is used, no more speakerphone is available to them. On top of that, the speakerphone they do get before using the headset is very scratchy and almost unusable itself. I don't care if I have to fix that as a second thing, but the fact they can't use the speakerphone at all after one headset call is a problem.

As always, thank you for the help and insights!!

Then the phones are setup with the headset as the default speech path which is obvious, why using speakerphone if a headset is attached?
The default speech path is set in the Avaya menu accessed by the "A" button. RTFM.

They are already set to speaker in the audio path. You can hear the dialing and the call goes through, but there is no audio on either end of the call when you dial as a speakerphone. And why they want speakerphone when they have headsets, who knows?? Office full of girls I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back