Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Planning on upgrading to 7.5.....Any feedback? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyu

Programmer
Nov 21, 2000
CA
We are planning on upgrading our Seagate Info to version 7.5 from 7.0...We are going to be using the built-in auto-upgrade for the users to upgrade their client software.

Has anyone else out there performed this upgrade, and if so, any last minute advice/thoughts/things to watch out for?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

troyu

troyu: Beyond the obvious BACK UP! there are no 'gotchas' involved. I've implemented the 7.5 upgrade a number of times in different setups and all seems to work OK. Need any more just ask David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

We are also preparing to upgrade to v7.5, from v7.02. Any "gotchas" when upgrading the APS and leaving the clients at 7.02?

Thanks!
Marty

One odd one we came across during a test phase before upgrading everything to 7.5 was that if we made a change to a report, saved it and refreshed it on desktop, we had to stop and reschedule the recurring job before this picked up the changes.

My suggestion is don't. I know that may not be a choice but there are alot of problems with the upgrade provided by Crystal. We had one of there own people come out and try to roll it out in our environment and it was a complete mess. You need to first upgrade the clients that receive the reports. Do not schedual the reports as work documents. You will have a file size issue. Also there are registry issues with the upgrade. There are some keys in the registry that will not give anyone permission to the registry keys for Crystal. Here are a list of the problems you can experience.
1) you view charts designed in 7.0
2) you cannot open an rpt attachment with NT4 Office 97
I have had the problem with win 2K also
3) you cannot uninstall this application cleanly. There is not much hope of rollback.

If you would like more information let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back