Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Planning migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesMack

Technical User
Feb 13, 2001
GB
I am about to start planning a migration from NT4 to W2k and Exchange 2k.
Currently I have one server performing as a file, e-mail (Exchange 5.5) and database server. There is a lot of traffic in both directions, not least because all web site log-ins are authenticated against the locally held database (Access 97) - 650,000 hits since mid Dec.
I intend to install and configure ISA server as part of the migration/upgrade.
I have purchased another identical server (Dell Powerdedge 1650) with 36Gb (9.2 used) across a 3 disk raid 5 array. Currently the processors (2) are averaging 70-80% loading. both servers currently have 1Gb of memory and are multi-homed (2 NICs each).
I need to compromise load balancing and fault tolerance but I am uncertain which way to go.
I would like to hear your opinions on how you would configure the two servers. [neutral]

Double post, see thread96-533766

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back