Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plan won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2011
GB
I have an MSP file that simply won't open ... no error message, MSP doesn't hang but the file remains closed.

A little background: we had problems with the file losing custom field lists so restored them from another similar plan. Then when I tried to close the plan it asked if I wanted to save updates so I said yes, it seemed to save the file but didn't close, so I tried to close it again and again it asked if I wanted to save updates, so I said yes again. After a few iterations I said No and it closed the file. And like I said above now it simply won't open.. .. a colleague can't open it either.

Any ideas apart from restoring from a backup?

If you cannot open it - likely unrecoverable. You might have luck with turning off calculation, inserting the problem file into a new project (without a link) but I think you are just postponing further disappointment.

Thanks for confirming what I expected ... In the end we restored the file from the last backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back