Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plan based on spiral model

Status
Not open for further replies.

meetarchna

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
IN
Hi
I am using MS Project . I am making a plan for a project which will be using spiral methodology. Now ususally (for water fall kind) we divide the project in analysis, Design , Coding , Testing and Implementation phases. My problem is how to define a project with spiral planning. If i divide the whole application into modules and for each module define this analysis, design and so on kind of plan then I think it is a incremental model , where prototype condept will come into picture?
Kindly suggest with a sample plan
Thanks

I'd suggest that you read the book "The Rational Unifed Proces, an intoduction." It gives a very good explanation of the interative approach to PM. Your will still have your waterfall type rollups, but you'll have many of them, one set for each iteration of your project. The degree of time that you're spending on each will change as the project progresses.

Also, you should take a look at the MSF framework project template that comes with Project. This is a template for the the Microsoft approach to an iterative lifecyle approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back