Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing the Cursor in a Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzerman777

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2001
US
I have two dumb questions: Is there any way to place the cursor in a specific field after clicking on a button? And also, can you clear a date/time type variable using the Null command? Oh, also, how can I find the CommandName of a field? I am sure these are all incrediable dumb questions, but I am not too familiar with Access forms, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

Chris Wildes

Q2: put in the commandbutton code (OnClick event):

DatForm![datum] = Null

Q1: Use DatForm![datum].SetFocus

Q3,: What do you mean by Commandname, if it is the name of the control (like datum being the name of the field) it is in the Properties combobox on the Other tab, first entry (Name).

Q2: put in the commandbutton code (OnClick event):

DatForm![datum] = Null

Q1: Use DatForm![datum].SetFocus

Q3,: What do you mean by Commandname, if it is the name of the control (like datum being the name of the field) it is in the Properties combobox on the Other tab, first entry (Name).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back