Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing Queries in Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorV3774

Programmer
Oct 12, 2004
US
I noticed on my left side Tasksbar that in addition to Objects is Groups. When I set up a group and place a query inside it, it is putting a shortcut to the actual query in Groups. Is there any way to place the entire query in groups without the shortcut so it does not appear twice? Thanks

Don't I wish. Before responding I've just spent some more time poking all over on line and in MS Access options and such to see if there's any hope that I'm wrong....

Per MS Access Help:
A group consists of shortcuts to the database objects that belong to it; adding an object to a group does not change that object's original location. When you click Objects and then click the icon for a particular object type, any database object of that type appears in the Object list— even if that object also belongs to a group. When you click the Groups bar in the Database window and then click the icon for your group, all of the database objects that you have added to the group appear in the Object list.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back