Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing problems on 2 page horizonatal document on 11X8.5 inch paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

abjshooter

Technical User
Nov 8, 2007
US
InDesign CS2 on mac G4

I am trying to make a brochure with two pages per sheet horizonatally. I set up my master page and can produce the cover on page one, but I would like to put the last page to the left of page 1 as it would be printed. I have gone through my manuals and cannot find a way to drag the last page next to page 1. Any,, I know this is a simple question for my first post, but I need help.

Paul Tople

Hi
I would create separate doc and prepare cover pages there (2nd-3rd page in this case), later just copy and paste these. Note that they would still be the first and the last one in this document.
Take care

senja

Firstly

Open the Pages Panel

Windows>Pages

Find the fly arrow as indicated by the magenta circle

screenshot1qj8.jpg

Select the Allow pages to shuffle option.
screenshot2fx0.jpg

Uncheck it.
screenshot3qr4.jpg

Select the page you want to move and drag until you see the square like bracket in the pages panel
screenshot4rl4.jpg

Release the page and it's now beside the other page as indicated here
screenshot5uj2.jpg

You can put up to about 10 pages across, if you need to have it bigger in width than more than 10 pages, then double the size of your page and draw guides. It's the only way.

Kind regards,
Eugene

Thank you for your indepth reply. I will give it a try.

Paul :}

Yeh well... my next one will be in 3D and I'm going to do it from space! BLINDFOLDED!

To all of you, thanks.... I knew there would be solutions for this problem.

Paul Tople
Akron, Ohio

Hey Andrew. Just watched your videos just know. That is a good work around, but it wouldn't work if you were numbering the pages, or in a book flow. It's good thinking though.

Eugene

...one possibility in working in a book workflow is to change the last folio required and set all other documents to auto number, of course working in multiples of 4 pages as required for imposition...

...here a 48 page example, three 16pg sections, when adding pages you would of course need to remember to change the back cover, which likely isn't numbered anyway, in which case you can delete the auto numbering locally:

Andrew

...of course if this were a perfect bound book, the cover and inside cover need to be treated seperately for spine allowance, calculated by number of sections and paper thickness...

...in that scenario i would just keep with the default facing page layout for text...

Andrew

In all honesty I wouldn't bother doing all that page number changing.

Just turn off the Allow pages to shuffle option, move the page beside the other page and you're done, plus it keeps all the page numbers.

Just let the imposer know what you've done and what you want. They should be able to get it imposed correctly.

...with the page shuffle option you do indeed get an opening spread to design the cover that may is some cases have a crossover graphic or design...

...the left and right hand pages go out of sync when you get to page 3, as this technically speaking, is a right hand page not a left as indesign would indicate...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back