Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing cursor focus in the 'To:' field ready to type in Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen1c

Technical User
Dec 31, 2004
GB
On my previous version of Notes, when I opened a new email with an attachment, the cursor focus was placed immediately in the 'To:' field ready to type.

This is still the case with a new email but not so when I open a new message with an attachment.

I'm now working on Notes 6.5.3

Is there a simple cure for this please?

Stephen

Sorry, but I am a bit confused : how can you "open" a "new" message that already has an attachment ? You mean, when you forward a mail that has an attachment ? And where does the cursor show up, if not in the To: field ?

Pascal.

Hi pmonett

If I'm in Internet Explorer eg, and click on File | Send | Link by Email, it sends the link to Notes as an attachment but places the curser behind my signiture.

In the last version, it put it straight into the To: field which is what I'm trying to achieve.

Hope this explains it better

Stephen

Ah, so it's in IE.
Are you using iNotes on the server, or just the basic HTTP task ?

Pascal.

Its actually when I'm off-line in the 'Island' setting although it happens also in the 'office' setting. Its not only with IE, that was just an example.

Stephen

The location your Notes client is in should not make a difference. When you create a New Memo you get the cursor in the To field.
What is your signature made of (text only, with graphics, only graphics) ?

Pascal.

Its text only with my name and tel no's

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back