Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Placing calls on hold and unable to pick call up from another phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

crob250

Programmer
Feb 25, 2009
US
I have a cs1000, I have multiple m2008 and m2616 sets with the same ext. When 1 set puts a call on hold the other set is not flashing and is unable to pick up the call. Any assistance would be great. Thank you.

the extensions on the sets must be mcr (multiple call Ring) so it can ring on all the sets but once answered it is only available on that set. in order to pick it up at another set you must park the call and then dial the park number on the set you want to pick it up at.

You will need to have a Park key on all of the phones and park should be set up in the PBX. When you park the call make sure to check the display to see what number it is parked against. OR you can change the local to SCR and it will appear on all phones when placed on hold, BUT it will ring busy when someone is on that line.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I do not know what the follow up posts mean. If you have multiple appearing DNs that do not flash on other sets when on Hold, I would check for CLS AHA and XHA on the "Holding" TNs. If the "Holding" set has those, change that set to CLS AHD and XHD

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back