Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLACEMENT OF TEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcblair

MIS
Feb 17, 2000
US
I am having trouble placing text to the right of a table. It goes below the table. The table is only 1 inch wide so it leaves a lot of white space to the right. It won't let me move the text up, Ican't even get the curser to move to the area. How do I remedy this, I'm sure it's simple?

The simplest way to do this is to:<br><br>1. Right click on the table.&nbsp;&nbsp;Insert column.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>2. Resize table and merge the cells in the right column as needed.<br>3. Click in right column and type your text, align as desired.<br>4. Simmer for 2 hours and enjoy!&nbsp;&nbsp;I hope this helps. <br><br>Boxplan<br>=====<br>&nbsp;HTML as follows: (Copy and paste into a document.)<br><br>&lt;html&gt;<br><br>&lt;head&gt;<br>&lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=windows-1252&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;meta name=&quot;GENERATOR&quot; content=&quot;Microsoft FrontPage 4.0&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;meta name=&quot;ProgId&quot; content=&quot;FrontPage.Editor.Document&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;title&gt;New Page 2&lt;/title&gt;<br>&lt;/head&gt;<br><br>&lt;body&gt;<br>&lt;br&gt;<br><br>&lt;table border=&quot;1&quot; width=&quot;150&quot;&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;td width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;td width=&quot;100%&quot; rowspan=&quot;4&quot;&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;p align=&quot;center&quot;&gt;&lt;font color=&quot;#FF0000&quot;&gt;This is some text&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;td width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;td width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;td width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt; &lt;/td&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt;<br>&lt;/table&gt;<br><br>&lt;/body&gt;<br><br>&lt;/html&gt;<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back