Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Place to buy cheap DRAM and FLASH? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GottaBeKiN

Technical User
May 12, 2008
US
Hi, dose anyone know where is a good place to buy cheap DRAM and FLASH for the 3600s and the 2600s, or in general. I've been told that I don't have to buy the ones made for Cisco, any old 72 pinn SIMM DRAM should work in the 3600s. I've checked Ebay and the prices for the 3600s is much more expensive compared to the ones for the 2600xm. Any recommendation other than Ebay?

Kin

MemoryX.com

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

GottaBeKiN,

I have bought memory, cables and rack ears from Anthony Panda several times and have never had any trouble, he is also a big seller on eBay. He is in Hong Kong but ships US Priority mail :)

When I was at Cisco Networkers several years back - everyone was talking about Anthony Panda for memory and cables for their home labs!

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Thanks DallasBPF and CiscoGuy for the reference.

CiscoGusy, I am from Hong Kong too!!!

GottaBeKiN,

That is funny :) :) shipping should not be an issue for you :)

I have bought from him 3x and my college bought FLASH and DRAM from him when we upgradded our 2611s and 2610s to MAX 64 DRAM and 16 FLASH from 32/8. That is the same that the 3600s use and I did not have one bad stick and we got 20 sticks of 16 FLASH and 20 sticks of 32 DRAM.

I am not kidding when I was at Networkers - EVERYTIME the conversation turned to cables, memory, flash etc - Anthony Panda came up - these were mostly the CCIEs or CCIE wantabes!

Maybe you will get a local town discount :)

E.A. Broda

Well, I am from Hong Kong, but I live in NYC now. Hey, do you know if I can combine the FLASH in a 3620 or 3640? What I meant is if I have 16MB internal FLASH and I have a PCMCIA 16MB FLASH, could I put an IOS that is bigger than 16MB onto the router?

Kin

Kin,

GREAT question - I know I ran a larger IOS from my 16 mg FLASH card in my 3620 then the 4mgs it came with with the right boot command (so I had 2 different IOSs - one in FLASH and 1 (bigger/newer one) on the FLASH card.

Here is a link -

With a quick look - I did not see anything about combining the 2!

Let see what others think?

E.A. Broda

Thanks once again for the answer and the link CiscoGuy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back