Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

place Illustrator files>

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzLitho

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
When I place Illustrator EPS files (colored Pantone 1545) in to Indesign. I am getting a ghosted color on output? When I "copy" the illustrator file then paste it into Indesign the color is correct???

Does anyone have any experience with placing Illustrator EPS files into Indesign and getting the wrong color? Funny how when I place the same art by "copy and paste" the color is now correct?

I also have tried other pms colors with the same result.

I don't get the shifts so I assume that the color settings in illustrator and indesign are not matched. Don't know why the colors would match on copy/paste and not place. Place is generally recommended over paste between apps. You can try just dragging the eps into the indesign doc and see how that comes out.

Unless you're sending out full indesign packages to a print provider or the job requires eps, you can just put the illustrator file into indesign.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back