Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PKT-INT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmail

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
I keep getting every month or so a PKT-INT on my g3csiv11? Can anyone give me detail as why and what to look for? It seems to always clear itself. Just recently I got one and then another major alarm on the Clan board.

Please help?

You have damaged Packet Interface card.
You can lose communication over IP or over PRI interfaces - in future.
Take out card, tackle for ends and bend (or curve - I do not know if there is proper formulation in english :) )

It does not connect some chip on plate sometimes and it will be enough it that everything it acted correctly.

Hello,

If your system is G3csiV11 as you mention (CSI model) then there is no packet interface board. Use the "display alarms" & "disp errors" with 'resolved' set to 'y' to see all the PKT-INT alarms & errors. Then check the Maintenance Documentation for the CSI model to see what is wrong.

If possible, post the alarms and errors and I will help you isolate the problem..

Petran.

If you are running R11, and get pkt alarms, you need to check for errs 1 and 257 in the err log, most commonly, with out a patch you will see the mac addess disappear on the "status link XX" page, and it tends to drop all ISDN trunks, a reset 1 will bring all back into service and you could do a disable mo logical 5150 phy 1a to prevent this from happening until a software patch is installed, 5142 or 5333. This was corrected in later loads of R11

Thanks Guys....However I am having difficulty finding the patch you stated? I can only find it for an 8300 or 8700? Where can I find it for an CSI Prologix cabinet on a TN processor.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back