Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pkgadd - dont want to use /usr/local

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana0246

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
GB
Just wondering if anyone knows how to add a binary package (using pkgadd) into a directory other than /usr/local

i have my disk partitioned so that most of the space if on /export/home, but when i use pkgadd it goes into /usr/local which fills up that partition of the disk and i have to copy it across, which somewhere along the line it is going to scr*w up.

any help appreciated!!!

a

some executables are hardcoded to expect libs and other executables in /usr/local/... so it is not an easy job!

I suggest to create a /export/home/usr_local and link /usr/local to this directory

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - "Home of the Whopper", oh no, "Home of the Oktoberfest" ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back