Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pixel Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth1

Programmer
Mar 16, 2000
GB
I'm coding in Visual Basic V6 and am trying to get the colour of any pixel I specify on the screen.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's been suggested that I ask you guys if you have a routine that can talk to the graphics card for me and return the colour.<br><br>Any help?

As far as I know, for vga mode, all pixel data is stored from 0xa000:0x0000 to 0xa000:0xFA00<br><br>each pixel is a byte since it's at 256 color depth<br><br>But this is only for vga mode, maybe this is somehow related to other modes. I don't know, I'm a newbie.

It would depend on whether your in DOS or Windoze....<br>Also, let us know what color depth you are using&nbsp;&nbsp;(2, 16 , 256, 65535 colors etc) and what resolution (320x200, 640x480, etc) A routine that that automatically figures this out can be quite complex, but one that deals with one resolution & color depth isn't too hard to implement. <p> <br><a href=mailto:Kim_Christensen@telus.net>Kim_Christensen@telus.net</a><br><a href= Page</a><br>

Windows 98 at 1024x768, 65535 colours.

GetPixel did work, but I was hoping you guys could come up with something quicker.&nbsp;&nbsp;It will do for now, thanks for you help.<br><br>Gareth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back