Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX515E locking up every morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

lberdick

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
We have just switched over from a watchguard to a PIX515E firewall and the unit seems to be locking up every morning when the users first come in. After I telnet to the firewall and reload the box the problem is solved. Could this be an enviornmental problem or too many connections trying to go out in the morning?

We have about 150 users total trying to get out to the Internet. I do not believe that this is too much of a load for the 515E. We have a frac DS-3 at 6Mbps that connects into a 3640 and then the PIX.

Any advice or settings to check would be appreciated.

I've seen this happen with servers connected to ups's that the battery was doing something like a self test every am and messing with the servers enough to make it hang. We troubleshot by putting the servers on a power strip temporarily.

Jeff

I'll look at the UPS settings and see if that is the problem. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,
Lee

If you can telnet into it, it's not locked up. There might be an issue with your NAT pool being filled. Please post you config showing your nat and global statements.

-Bad Dos

baddos is probably right. If you are only doing NAT and not PAT and you have more users than addresses, it will fill up the address pool and then deny the users who got in late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back