Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX506E, upgrade to 6.3(3) and PDM 3.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
NL
Hi,

I've just upgraded my PIX 506E from 6.2 to 6.3(3) and the PDM version 2 to 3.0.1
It's a standard 506E with 32 Mb memory and 8 mb flash.

I am not really sure if the following is considered "normal" behavior with these new versions. Hopefully someone knows:

1) previously in PDM when I go to the Monitoring section and select a graph (doesnt matter which one, but let's say the Outside interface graph: Bit rates and Collision Counts) it will show up within a few seconds. When I select a different timeframe (the past 12 hours for instance) it will display this as well within a few seconds.
Now however it takes more than 5 minutes to show the graph when selecting a different timeframe.
Apart from the version change, everything is the same (same network load, same hosts, same activity)

2)I use the Decription (remarks) field with the access rules. When I enter a description using the PDM this naturally shows up using the CLI and show access-list. When I try to remove that remark using no access-list ... there is no error and the pix seemed to have removed it. A show access-list reveals that it's still there. Using the PDM to remove the remark, it disappears as well but the CLI still shows the remark.

Between the commands I exectued a save to pix, save to flash or in the case of CLI write mem / write t.

any ideas ?

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back