Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX506 & Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe75

MIS
Jul 11, 2004
AU
Hi all. I'm new to Cisco PIX and have recently configured a PIX506E with the following:
- Internet access
- Lan-to-Lan VPN
- Remote-to-Lan VPN (Cisco Client)
It's working properly thanks to the user friendly PDM.

Network: there's one external static IP connected to the Internet and an internal LAN with IP 192.168.0.X

I would like to configure Port Forwarding to allow 1723 and 21 to an internal server.

I've tried a few things after reading some Cisco how-to, but it has affected Internet access and the Lan-to-Lan VPN. I tried configuring a one-to-one NAT and enabled the ACL.

I would appreciate any suggestions of a proper way of configuring the Port Fowarding without affecting the existing setup. Thank you.

you will need to adda static command by port and an access list as well as apply it to the outside interface.

It would be something like this...

Access-list 105 permit tcp any host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx eq 1723
Access-list 105 permit tcp any host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx eq 21
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your outside interface ip address

static (inside, outside) tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1723 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy 1723 netmask 255.255.255.255

static (inside, outside) tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 21 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy 21 netmask 255.255.255.255

where yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy is your inside host ip address

and then...

access-group 105 in interface outside

That should do it

Mark Spencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back