Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX501- Can not browse network or map drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

estarr5

MIS
Dec 8, 2001
US
I have a Cisco PIX installed. When I VPN in using either the Cisco VPN client or MS PPTP client on Win2k. I am unable to browse the network, map shares, or reach any resources by UNC. I can not do this by name or by IP address. I can PING however by IP. Any ideas?

HI.

You probably need to add a "sysopt connection permit..." or an access-list on the outside interface.
Remember that VPN clients are comming from the outside interface, and so they are restricted by the access-list unless you override it with "sysopt ...".

You can use syslog message to see if the pix is blocking your attempts by the access-list.

You also need to solve name resolution issues at the client by LMHOSTS or something else.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

I have the access-list in to allow the vpn client's address assigned by the pix to access the inside, private network. Remember, I can ping the the computers on the inside. I can even use VNC to the inside computers. I just can not access any of the shares on those computers. I have sysopt permit ipsec and pptp as well. Any more ideas? Could u give me more info on the 'sysopt solution'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back