Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pix to pix vpn with failover vpn to other pix???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumper

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have a pix 515 at the main office and a 501 at a branch office that I have set up a pix to pix vpn. My company has added a second T-1 line for DR purposes, I am trying to find out if it is possible to set up the 501 pix to automatically fail over to the second T-1 if the first fails.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hmm, the pix can run ospf. maybe if you could get the routers for the two t1 lines to run ospf with different metrics this could work, however, it will only work if the router detects a wan link down or if it completely dies. But also your official ip scopes will be different on the two lines, so your vpn needs to have backup peers for the different lines. Also you will need to do nat in the t1 lines, since they need to be on the same outside interface.

Jan

Network Systems Engineer
CCNA/CQS/CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back