Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix to Pix to WAN (non meshed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickh9

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2002
US
I've got several remote sites using Pix 501's to a 515 as well as numerous clients. The remote sites are each using a 10.100.115.x/28 subnet and the Cisco clients are on a 10.100.114.x/24 subnet.

Our Lan is 10.100.110.x/23 and our WAN is 10.100.0.0/20 and then on to 172.29.150.x/23. All of our clients can access resources on both of the WAN networks but the 501's can't. They can see the LAN only.

Since fully meshed is not an option for these sites, can anyone suggest another approach to the problem? Would "Easy VPN" work in this instance? I had heard that recent PIX OS upgrades would allow this but I can't find any supporting documentation. (I'm at 6.3(3))

Another possibility would be to use VPN clients at this site, does anyone know if the 501 will allow multiple ipsec connections to the same endpoint?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

the reason the 501s can't, is because it requires hairpinning, which is supported in PIX OS 7.0 (not supported for 501 or 506e yet)

The 501 can support multiple tunnels, but only so many, like 10 I believe. It does tell you in your lisence info on the PIX.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back