Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix Timeout problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexxuk

MIS
Oct 11, 1999
GB
Hi.<br>
<br>
We are having a problem with our Pix timing out every four hours and shutting off the outside interface.<br>
I thought I had traced the problem with it being something to do with the arp timeout, as this was set to 4 hours. But even after changing this to 8 hours, it still shuts off after 4.<br>
<br>
The only way that we can get the pix back up is to reboot.<br>
<br>
Has anybody else come across this problem, or know of a solution to it as it is getting slightly annoying now :)<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance<br>
<br>
J.Norman<br>
(Elliott Group Ltd)<br>

Did you every get a reply to this post?

I have been fighting a connectivity issue with our PIX. Periodically an internal employee would lose their connection to the internet, I finally traced the issue back to our 515R. It seems that the XLATE cache was filling up for some reason and not flushing. Not sure if this is the same problem you were having. IF anyone else has any info it would be greatly appreciatted.

To fix the issue (I hope) I increased the GLOBAL IP pool and decreased the TIMEOUT on XLATE translations from the default.

Thanks
Ralph Spencer

Have you tried to find answer from syslog messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back