Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX SITE TO SITE DROPPING CONNECTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

remychopp

Technical User
Jun 14, 2004
US
How's it going everyone? I have two 515E's with site to site vpn configured on them. They have been working great for a few months and no changes have been made to either firewall. Recently I have been getting intermittent drops between the connection. The connection will go down for a few minutes then come back up. Can someone tell me what steps I should take to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks a lot.

One thing that I ran into recently was the internet circuit. The DSL signal had a lot of noise and the connection dropped, then would come back up. If you have not changed the PIX's then you have to look for something else that changed. Power supply still clean and on UPS? Interference from other machines that may have recently been added?
Just some ideas...

Thanks for the reply. What im actually looking for is a way of logging the vpn connection to see what time it is dropping and what might be "cutting off" the link. By the way there is a T3 line on each end. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well - if you have syslog enabled (and you should) and spooling to an external host you can parse the resulting logs for all the VPN connect/disconnect messages (along with a slue of other messages).

Also, through the PIX GUI you can filter the syslog messages in realtime so you can get a simpler view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back