Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix + Router routing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novelluser

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
IE
Here is my scenario; I have a DSL connection coming in from my ISP… IP address 217.x.x.3. My internal network has an internal address of 192.168.1.0/24, my exchange server is on this subnet and smtp traffic is being routed through our current firewall/router. I have just been given a Cisco 2600 and a 515e Pix and would be grateful if somebody could give me the best scenarios implementing these keeping in mind smtp traffic is being routed from a hosted server offsite. Below is is the standard setup..I think! but I am unsure how to address the interfaces and route traffic.

ISP--- Router---PIX--- LAN

Please Help

If your ISP is DSL, then you should have an ethernet handoff from the DSL modem. You don't have to use the router as the PIX takes an ethernet handoff. If your mail server is on your lan, you just need to duplicate the same rules (NAT/PAT & access-list) as your current firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back