Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX PDM Upgrade Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM123

Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
CA
We have 2 PIX 501's. They are both identical and were purchased 2 months apart.

The first one shipped from Cisco with 6.1 and 1 of PDM. We contacted them and applied the upgrade.

We purchased the second 501 and it shipped from Cisco in September again with outdated software. We upgraded the software to 6.21 using the old software we downloaded with the first PIX.

We then tried to update the PDM to 2 and it kept giving us a "Bad Magic Number" Errror. We tried the upgrade in an identical way as the first with the identical file.

Does Cisco have to issue a particular PDM upgrade per unit? Or is there a problem with the file for some reason (even though it worked before).

Thanks.

This is for a 501 also.

I cant remember what I did, but few months back, I had to upgrade my PDM, and Cisco had recommended for me to upgrade my IOS at the same time.

I did the IOS first, then the PDM, and then 3DES license.

worked fine, using my old TFTP (on a 98) 3com reliable software, I always have problem with these new cisco tftp program, sometimes it works and sometimes it give you a
a error "not a PDM file"

hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back