Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX Manager On win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGoat

MIS
Jun 7, 2001
DK
When I install the Manager program to my PIX firewall it says that it can only be installed on a Win NT 4 or greater.
Is there any way to install it on a win2k server??

I have run into the same problem. The word from Cisco is that it cannot be done. However, we recently upgraded our PIX 515 to 6.01 code and installed the PIX Device Manager which is a web-based administration tool. The new PDM is great!!! Easy to insert entries into access lists, graphs for monitoring various counters like bytes in, IDS monitoring. Very slick.

I had the same exact problem when I purchased my PIX 506. I called TAC and they said that the diskettes for the PIX Manager are obsolete if you have 5.2 or greater image on your PIX. He recommended to download 6.0 with PDM and I did. Well worth the software contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back