Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX Log message codes for Scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelH

MIS
Jul 17, 2002
NZ
Hi,

I am looking summarise the log output of a PIX 500 (ver 5.3), no problems with getting the ouput to a syslog host, or running the perl script etc...
What i am having problems with is that most of the scripts i have looked at to perform this function do not appear to recognise the events i get in my logs. Typical PIX message codes i see for denied traffic are;

%PIX-3-106011
%PIX-4-106019
%PIX-3-106010

where as most scripts only seem to recognise;

%PIX-6-302001
%PIX-6-302005
%PIX-2-106001
%PIX-2-106006
%PIX-2-106007

Is this a PIX configuration issue on my behalf or are there some other scripts i can not find which would help me out. I am trying to resist having to roll my own as i was after a quick win!

thanks for any help...

cheers

joel

So most of these scripts are set up to process the obvious deny connection messages and major events like when failover happens. As with most open source efforts you'll need to update those scripts to what you want to see.

Liberty for All,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back