Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX IP Address change question

Status
Not open for further replies.

overmonkey

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
Hi friends,

I studied for a CCNA a long time ago, and I remember a lot of how to get around in IOS. I have a new client, just moved to a new location. They have a PIX 501 set up as their gateway and firewall. I have to change the address on the outside interface to their new static IP.

I have the enable password,a nd I remember getting to config t. However, what I remember from access-lists is that commands needed to be entered sequentially - is this the case with PIX configuration? I understand then to be similar.

What I need is the command syntax to enter at the config prompt to effect a permanent change to the ip address on the outside interface, and any caveats I need to know about. The PIX software is 6. something.

Thanks in advance.

Ned

ip address outside <new-ip> <mask>

Once you change the IP address you need to modify your ACLs if they are affected by the change of IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back