Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX inside a Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciusism

MIS
Mar 15, 2002
US
Someone told me that you can merely take the PIX flash and stick it into a PC to create a Pix firewall. Is this true, and does anyone have expereince with this? It would seem that by doing so, one can reduce costs by only paying for the flash and IOS.

I guess this works b/c both the PIX and PCs share the same typer of PCI slot? Thanks!

Boy I have been looking for the same info. It almost seems that the ones who know aren't saying much.

This is what I did find out, it could be wrong though...

The motherboard has to be an Intel SE440BX-2 and the NIC's have to be Intel 82577 Pro100/B network cards. You also need the flash board from Cisco (or ebay). I have a spare flash card I toook out of our Pix on an upgrade and was wanting to play around with another one. However I haven't found all the info.

don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back