Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix Firewall Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

novellhotrod

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2002
US
Well we attempted to install a PIX Firewall 515E. Sprint tech is/was installing. Our exchange server seems to be a problem. After configuring it, the tech said we need to change the FQDN IP address so that he could NAT it. We seemed to get all servers, web, etc..working both from the outside and internally. If we got the exchange server working, nothing else works.

Q. Is there a way to change the IP Address on the exchange server without having to rebuild the exchange server. I work for a college, so you know how Faculty and Staff are about email.

The tech says if we can get it changed to a 192.x.x.x form the realworld IP Address he could NAT and make it work. If so, we would be ok.

Any help is appreciated, I am still trying to see if it can be done, before or if I call MS.

How is your Exchange configured? Got an internal IP and an Internet facing IP? How is your local LAN setup?

Can we have more info first as it makes life difficult without it...

Yes, you can do it but it depends on your setup.

Check out thread35-258524 for information concerning PIX and Exchange issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back