Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 520 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBMA

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
I am trying to enter in a static mapping. I enter config mode and have tried a number of commands.

write terminal (inside,outside) x.x.x.x 192.168.10.22 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

write memory (inside,outside) x.x.x.x 192.168.10.22 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

It builds the configuration and says that it is saved. but when I do show config, It doesnt show up. am I missing something really stupid, or am I having legitimate problems.

write terminal - shows the stuff on the screen. Write memory - commits it to NVRAM.

Write Terminal (inside.... is really combining 2 commands.

you need to type config t to get into config mode and then type static (inside,outside) x.x......

Jeff

4.2 is really OUTDATED. I would advice you to upgrade the PIX to a later release. If you have 16 MB of flash then you should upgrade to at least 6.2(3). However, if you only have 2 MB of flash then you can only upgrade up to 5.1(5). And like Jeff said... you need to be in config mode and then issue the "static" command. The link below has excellent information on the static command:

Thanks everyone, I got it to work with your help.

tektipster, use the "show ver" command to see how much MB flash you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back