Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIX 515E Unrestricted Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriettaHog

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2010
US
I recently turned up a Comcast 50/10 circuit. The advertised throughput will be 10meg up and 50meg down. The best I am able to achieve is 13meg down and 8meg up. What is the best performance that I can get passing through the pix 515e firewall with only two interfaces configured and 2 vpn tunnels defined and active. I am not allowing any traffic in except that coming in through the vpn tunnels.

Thanks
HenriettaHog

dont forget to configure traffic shapping,otherwise PIX packets will be dropped in the core.

To be honest, the advertised speeds by most cable companies aren't indicative of what you actually get. They do traffic shaping on their end, such that the first few packets of a connection go through faster than subsequent ones so that those speedtest websites show you have a fast link. I'm not sure how you are measuring your speed. If you plug a machine directly into the internet link does it go faster (are you sure the pix is the slow point)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back