Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 515 and Sonicwall on same network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegirlofsteel

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2004
US
I have a problem with losing connectivity. I added a sonicwall to our network on a separate T1 line. We have a pix 515 that connects our branch office and has for many years. For some reason, it seems as if we have been losing network and internet connectivity more often on both lines. Are both conflicting?

That would depend on their configuration. So the sonicwall is the gateway to the internet, and the pix terminates a site to site vpn on a second T1?

Yes that is correct. My Pix has an inside address on the same subnet as the sonic wall inside address. Shouldn't this work? Or is there something inside the sonic wall not letting the traffic from the pix getting to the other network.

Our topology is as follows. Our main office branch has a pix 515 on a separate T1 line using only site to site vpn with pix 501's on each branch. We connect two main servers an IBM iSeries and of course the regular windows 2003 servers.

Our sonicwall is for internet access, exchange and is our main network.

Both firewalls are on the same inside ip address 192.168.0.0 as an example. Should'nt we be able to see the whole network from all the branches. The pix 515 has all the access lists showing 192.168.0.0 access.

Why cant we see the exchange and the other servers from the branch offices?

Sounds like the sonicwall is the default gateway for all the servers and there isnt a route to the pix for the remote subnets.

Brent,
That would be cool to do for a spoke on the outside to connect the branches - I may try that next but in the meantime, my problem is for the branches to see our main office network. It is in the following diagram - LOL (my crude rendition!:
Main office Network
-----------------

Brian - Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. Does the PIX need an entry also?

Nope, the pix knows how to get there and knows how to send the traffic back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back