Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pix 506e xlates

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmic

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
CA
I'm having a problem with a pix for the first time, pretty solid unit overall... This one has been running for 3 years now problem free. Was running hot so I changed the cpu fan.

It drops from the internet twice a day, and when this happens internet is lost but sometimes email still works. I've upgraded the ios and pdm to the latest version already.

Last night it was offline again, so I ran "clear xlate" and internet came back online, same thing this morning.

What could be the problem here?

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

Licensing Limits? What license do you have and how many users/hosts are trying to use the internet. AJ

===

AJ - (Formerly FatmanSuperstar)

hrmmm... it seems clearing the xlates did the trick. The pix has been online for the last 24 hours without dropping so i'm hoping. It's always been twice a day for a dropoff.

Well, it's not fixed... Still dropping twice a day. The clear xlate command did the trick for a couple of weeks tho, go figure... It's not licensing, They have unlimited licensing even tho there's only 12 workstations in the office. At the time of purchase they were expecting huge growth that didn't happen.

So, I changed the fan, updated the pdm and ios to the latest, did a factory reset (and wiped everything) and still dropping out...

Most times it's dns, and only dns, can't surf. Email and internet radio work just fine when the drop occurs. Sometimes it's a hard drop where nothing works but it's rare.

I replaced the pix with a d-link for a week, didn't drop at all. Put pix back in, starts dropping again. On the off chance that it was the win2003 dns kicking out, I set the service to restart X2 every day. Still the problem exists...

I'd love to know what is going on with it. Anybody else experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back